Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Course Reflection

Throughout the semester I learned many ideas that I had had not known before. Some ideas are one I would have not thought about if they were not introduced in the class. The MDA framework was the most influential as it was much shorter and straight to the point. It contained a many important points that apply to game design. The rest of the material was relevant to the subject and added a little extra to my knowledge of play, games, and design.

The prototyping really helped me understand how useful iterative design can be. For some reason I have a habit of fleshing ideas out in my head before I get them on paper. I realized that just putting ideas out there and testing them immediately is the best way to find out if they work or if they are fun.

Reading about games was helpful to understand the ideas behind the design. Playing games, however, became an extremely useful tool in understanding game design. I have started playing all the games I play with the mind of a designer. It really helps to understand what makes a game good or bad and what elements worked and didn't work.

The final project pushed me to make something beautiful and work out all the details, while testing everything in the process. I am still in the process of working on the game, but I hope it is something I can be proud to say was design by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment